Just because your IT infrastructure is out-sourced to a managed service provider (MSP) shouldn’t mean you have lost infrastructure visibility and control. The best MSPs today offer customers access to their IT systems in one easy-to-view portal. An IT infrastructure portal is a perfect tool for both non-IT and IT management to get a centralised view of their systems – both at a high level and at a more detailed level – via graphical dashboards and detailed drill-downs.
The more intuitive IT portals enable your Managed Service partner monitor and manage the capacity, security and availability of your IT infrastructure. At the same time, this provides you with real-time information about the immediate health of your infrastructure, security, assets, users, corporate compliance and service tickets. It provides a real-time consolidated view of your organisation’s unique IT infrastructure assets in a clean, easy-to-navigate way, with access to detailed data to sort, export or email and include in management reports.
Full visibility can be instantly available with:
- Home screen dashboard; with a Red, Amber, Green status of each component of the entire infrastructure
- Enhanced patching and antivirus information
- Consolidated view of all back-end systems
- Visibility of all devices – not just servers and workstations
- Notification section, providing alerts on expiring warranties and licences
The portal should enable you to see the exact same information as your MSP – all in one place.
Your IT portal should provide unique insights into your IT systems including:
- Incident management and reporting
- Service tickets and SLA reporting
- Infrastructure assets (software and hardware)
- Security status including anti-virus and patching
- Corporate compliance
- Active directory users and security policy
In order to have IT infrastructure visibility, a comprehensive portal delivers the transparency needed to support decision-making in a world of increasingly complex environments.
Trilogy’s portal is called edge/point. Visit the web page for more information.