This is a 3rd level position providing in depth support on customer infrastructure as well as acting as team lead and an escalation point for 1st and 2nd level support.
Roles and responsibilities
- Providing 3rd level support to a broad range of clients and a broad range of technologies
- Accepting escalations from Level 2 engineers
- Acting as a team lead to lower level engineers providing tuition and advice
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions
- Responsible for ensuring that they comply with all ISMS policies and procedures within Trilogy and support the ISMS continuous improvement process. Level 3 & 4 Engineers should act as a role models within the organisation with regard to the ISMS system.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence
- Work individually and as a team
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods
- Available to work out of hours/weekends if necessary
- Be a logical thinker
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving
- Be able to utilise all tools available to resolve 95% of issues at the first time of asking
- Ability to quickly learn new products
Education and experience
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- VMWare ESXi, HyperV (Citrix Xen an advantage)
- Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013
- Terminal Services/SSL VPN
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Some SQL Server 2000/2005 experience helpful
- Firewall/Routers. (Cisco/Sonicwall)
- WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing/NAT configurations
- Strong IP skills (Good understanding of TCP/IP and ISO model)
- Good understanding of server and storage hardware (ie RAID sets on servers, SANS, tape drives)
MCITP/VCP Preferable but not necessary
- Citrix and virtualisation (VMWare or MS HyperV) would be an advantage.
The role is based in our Dublin office with possible site visits.