Wednesday 1st August 2018
Senior Systems Engineer/Team Lead
This is a 3rd level position providing in depth support on customer infrastructure as well as acting as team lead and an escalation point for 1st and 2nd level support.
Trilogy Technologies is a leading provider of IT managed services for businesses across Ireland and the UK. We offer career progression opportunities for all and a fun and caring environment. We value Technical Excellence and are looking for team players who demonstrate professionalism, operational excellence and pride in supporting and protecting our customer’s IT.
The Managed Services Team is responsible for the highest standards of infrastructure management, monitoring and proactive support across all Trilogy’s contracted customers in Ireland and the UK. The team provides operational excellence through leading edge technology management services that enable us to deliver highly available IT infrastructure and data across hybrid cloud environments.
Roles and responsibilities
- Providing 3rd level support to a broad range of clients and a broad range of technologies
- Accepting escalations from Level 2 engineers
- Acting as a team lead to lower level engineers providing tuition and advice
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions
- Responsible for ensuring that they comply with all ISMS policies and procedures within Trilogy and support the ISMS continuous improvement process. Level 3 & 4 Engineers should act as a role models within the organisation with regard to the ISMS system.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence
- Work individually and as a team
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods
- Available to work out of hours/weekends if necessary
- Be a logical thinker
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving
- Be able to utilise all tools available to resolve 95% of issues at the first time of asking
- Ability to quickly learn new products
Education and experience
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- VMWare ESXi, HyperV (Citrix Xen an advantage)
- Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013
- Terminal Services/SSL VPN
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Some SQL Server 2000/2005 experience helpful
- Firewall/Routers. (Cisco/Sonicwall)
- WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing/NAT configurations
- Strong IP skills (Good understanding of TCP/IP and ISO model)
- Good understanding of server and storage hardware (ie RAID sets on servers, SANS, tape drives)
MCITP/VCP Preferable but not necessary
- Citrix and virtualisation (VMWare or MS HyperV) would be an advantage.
The Senior Systems Engineer is based in our Dublin office with possible site visits.