We require an experienced Systems Engineer (Level 2) to provide support on customers’ ICT infrastructure as part of our dedicated Service Desk and Support team.
Trilogy Technologies is a leading provider of IT managed services for businesses across Ireland and the UK. We offer career progression opportunities for all in a fun and caring environment. We value technical excellence and are looking for team players who demonstrate professionalism, operational excellence and pride in supporting and protecting our customers’ IT.
Service Desk and Support Team
The Service Desk and Support team are the first technical port of call for Trilogy’s customers. The team provides support across a broad range of technologies including AWS and Azure clouds in compliance with ISMS and ITIL policies and procedures. Team members are also involved in the specification, design and deployment of infrastructure components required for delivering Trilogy’s solutions.
Purpose of the role
We require a keen, experienced Systems Engineer (Level 2) to provide support on customers’ ICT infrastructure. This role is part of our dedicated Service Desk and Support team. You will need to have a broad technical background with good communication skills, an eagerness to learn and previous experience in a similar role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Providing 2nd level support to a broad range of clients and a broad range of technologies
- Accepting escalations from Level 1 engineers
- Acting as a team lead to lower level engineers providing tuition and advice
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions
- Responsible for ensuring that they comply with all ISMS Policies and Procedures within Trilogy and support the ISMS continuous improvement process.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence
- Work individually and as a part of a team
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods
- Available to work out of hours/weekends if necessary
- Logical thinker
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving
- Be able to utilise all tools available to resolve 95% of issues at the first time of asking
- Ability to quickly learn new products
Education & Experience
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Terminal Services/SSL VPN
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012 /2014 experience helpful
- Firewall/Routers. (Cisco/Sonicwall/Sophos UTM)
- Switches: Cisco, HP, 3 Com
- WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing/NAT configurations
- Strong IP/Networking skills (Good understanding of TCP /IP and ISO Model, troubleshooting tools)
- Good understanding of server and storage hardware (ie RAID sets on servers, SAN, tape drives)
- MCSA/MCSE 2008/2012/VCP in VMware 5 or 6 essential
- Citrix and Virtualisation (VMWare or MS HyperV) essential
- SAN experience (preferably NetApp)
- Hyper-V experience
The Systems Engineer (Level 2) role is based in our Dublin office.