Friday 14th December 2018
Security Operations Centre Analyst – graduate
We are seeking a graduate who is keen to build a career in security IT services.
Trilogy Technologies is a leading provider of IT managed services for businesses across Ireland and the UK. We offer career progression opportunities for all in a fun and caring environment. Following our recent acquisition of Zinopy, our portfolio has deepened to cover a range of specialised security and virtualisation managed services. These companies now form Trilogy Technologies Group and we have plans to further grow our customer base in existing and new markets.
Purpose of the role
Trilogy Technologies is seeking a graduate who is keen to build a career in security IT services, based in our Security Operations Centre in our Dublin headquarters. The graduate will be joining a team of highly skilled and passionate IT security professionals and working to support leading organisations with cutting edge, interesting and varied technical set ups.
The candidate will be a Computer Science or Information Technology graduate, having graduated within the last 4 years.
- Day to day network monitoring and network security tasks.
- Interact with clients, security analysts, specialists, engineers and managers.
- Monitoring client’s IT infrastructure within contracted service levels.
- Monitor events, create incidents tickets, talk with clients, explain the issue and escalate where applicable.
- Use tools to support incident investigations, harvesting and analysis.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring the access.
- Processing of performance and availability alerts, events, and notifications (eg via email, ticketing, virus warning, intelligence feeds).
- Notification of internal and/or external teams according to agreed alert priority levels, and escalation trees.
- Monitor, identify and classify availability and performance events.
- Prioritise incidents based on risks and relevant impact, working with the appropriate teams to ensure related communications are in line with company best practice and expectations.
- Operate and improve Zinopy incident response processes.
- Provide triage, data acquisition and advice on all incidents to rapidly diagnose problems and identify immediate treatment.
- Ability to follow established and/or ad-hoc processes and work instructions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and proactively drives own standards, development and business goals.
- Flexible with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Education and experience
- Third level degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Skills in the following areas would be an advantage, but opportunity will be provided to develop further qualifications in:
- Scripting – Python, Ruby, Bash Linux/Unix experience, ability to write Macros
- Networking certifications (eg CCNA – Security, CCNP)
- Security specialist certifications (eg CompTIA Security+, GSEC, CEH, GCIH)
- Operating System certifications (eg MCSE, RHCE, HPUX CSE)
This position is based in our Dublin office in Park West Business Park, Dublin 12.