Tuesday 20th November 2018
We require an experienced Security Engineer to support our customers in both the UK and Ireland.
Trilogy Technologies is a leading provider of IT managed services for businesses across Ireland and the UK. We offer career progression opportunities for all in a fun and caring environment. We value technical excellence and are looking for team players who demonstrate professionalism, operational excellence and pride in supporting and protecting our customers’ IT.
Purpose of the role
We require a keen, experienced SOC engineer to provide support on customers’ ICT infrastructure. This role is part of our dedicated Security Team. You will need to have a broad technical background with good communication skills, an eagerness to learn and previous experience in a similar role.
Role and responsibilities
- Providing 2nd level support to a broad range of clients on security focused technologies.
- Responsible for the implementation and delivery of small/medium security projects.
- Accepting escalations from level 1 engineers.
- Acting as a team lead to lower level engineers providing tuition and advice.
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions.
- Responsible for complying with all ISMS policies and procedures within Trilogy and support the ISMS continuous improvement process.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
- Work individually and as a part of a team.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Available to work out of hours or weekends if necessary.
- Logical thinker.
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.
Education and experience
- Network security – experience managing and delivery solutions including VPN connections, IPS systems, web filtering, firewall policies and rules and reverse proxy systems. Experience with vendors including Fortinet and Cisco is preferred.
- Network routing and switching technologies – experience with working with vendors such as Cisco and HP.
- Wireless networking and security – experience with vendors including Fortinet and Cisco and Meraki.
- Remote access solutions – experience with vendors including Citrix XenApp and Microsoft RDS.
- Microsoft OS – experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 systems.
- Active Directory – experience with managing AD services and features.
- Office 365 – basic experience working with O365 environments is required.
- Cisco CCNA certification or similar certification is essential.
- Exposure to security testing solutions such as Kali Linux would be an advantage.
- Exposure to scripting language including PowerShell and Bash is advantageous.
- Security related certification would be an advantage.
This position is based in our Dublin office in Park West Business Park, Dublin 12.