The real benefits of using the cloud – as experienced by Trilogy’s customers
Berkley Group, based in Cork, specialises in recruitment and talent management services within the Business & Technology and Life Science & Engineering sectors across Ireland, UK and Europe. Last year, a management buyout led to Berkley separating from its original parent. As a result, they decided to use the opportunity to refresh and modernise their IT infrastructure. They examined all options paying particular attention to how moving to the cloud might be suitable for their business and staff.
What did they need?
Being in the recruitment business, most of Berkley’s employees work from a number of different locations including office and home and sometimes even from their cars prior to a client meeting!
The nature of the business means that a lot of meetings happen out of hours, particularly early mornings and evenings, and not in the office. It was vital that the IT infrastructure supported this and staff had access to key systems out of office hours and from any location.
The most frequently used tools by the Berkley team is Microsoft Office together with Bullhorn, a recruitment CMS. Moving to Office 365 which has been integrated with these systems, enables the team to have access to all data from any location.
Like all companies that store lots of personal data, Berkley also needed to ensure that employees’ devices including mobile phones and laptops are as secure as possible to prevent hackers gaining access to the job seekers’ and other personal data.
Why did Berkley choose the cloud?
- Recruiters have access to all job seekers’ details and their CVs from any location which is particularly important at a client meeting.
- Employees can work anywhere because they have access to business applications no matter where they are.
- Staff members can easily share data and collaborate to complete projects even from different locations.
- The main telephone number, vital for client and job searchers’ communications will always be working even in an emergency.
- With the cloud-hosted PBX system, every phone call is connected without lagging response times or delays and with excellent call quality.
- Cloud hosted security solutions means that they are always up-to-date and on, helping prevent cyber-attacks.
- Backup storage hosted in the cloud means that should something go wrong, files can be up and running much quicker than before.
Some techy benefits
- Software updates are implemented immediately and automatically.
- New users and storage space can be quickly added to enable Berkley to expand easily.
- Data stored in the cloud is extremely secure.
What did Trilogy do for Berkley?
Trilogy converted the team to Office365 with Microsoft Azure as the email and cloud environment hosting provider. This we integrated with Berkley’s recruitment platforms. We also implemented two factor authentication (2FA) providing a unified authorisation and access control panel to Office 365 and the newly installed VPN. With Managed Endpoint Security the team knows that that their mobile phones, laptops and other devices are as secure as possible from malware, ransomware and other malicious software.
Berkley opted for a managed service from Trilogy. This means that Trilogy is responsible for Berkley’s IT infrastructure and systems’ management, monitoring, antivirus, software updates and any issues that may arise. Priority one issues are resolved in 2 hours. This enables the Berkley team to concentrate on their core business of candidate search and selection.
“By moving to the cloud, we gave great mobility to our staff. Our most important applications can be accessed from any location. We also know that our data is secure because the Azure cloud uses intense security best practices.”
Paddy O’Connell, Managing Director, Berkley Group